Wednesday, January 28, 2009

twenty.five.things.plus.a.few.

I posted this (along with the rest of the world) on facebook and thought I'd throw it up on the blogspot.com as well...I also realized after I posted that I have lots of other things that I could add on here...so I've posted 5 bonus thoughts at the bottom...

1. I love snow days when there is no snow on the ground and I can go play if I want...or just stay in my PJs all day.
2. Contrary to popular belief apparently, I really don't like Chocolate on Chocolate cake. I mean, its fine if its a brownie. But the cake, cake part of a cake, I don't like chocolate. I didn't mean to lead everyone in the wrong direction for all these years. White on white is my favorite. Unless its an icecream cake. And then I love mint chocolate chip with white cake, or, since now I know they can make them, cheesecake icecream with brownie and choclate cake.
3. I have always wanted to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. Or the rug. He gets to do cartwheels and back flips across the stage.
4. Speaking of which, I have always wanted to be able to stand in one place and pop out a back tuck like its completely normal to do that.
5. I started drinking coffee when I was like, 4. My grandfather would spoon the bottom of his coffee out to me. Its because of that, I believe, that I like a little bit of coffee with my creamer and sugar.
6.I am a sucker for Target. Or any time you need me to run errands. I love just getting out and running around. However, I DON'T like shopping for one kind of clothes imparticular. It drives me crazy.
7. One of my biggest pet peeves is when you've told me you'll do something and then you flake on me at the last minute for no good reason.
8. I LOVE zoos and aquariums. I wish we had an aquarium here in Nashville. (But these are not the places that made me love turtles. No one, including me, knows where that came from.)
9. Most people in my age range compare life situations to different FRIENDS episodes. I however, compare them to Full House and Boy Meets World.
10. My very first CD was Michael W. Smith's "Go West Young Man"
11. I have a weird love for Sharpies and Flare markers. And I truly think my handwriting looks cooler when I use them. And because of this, I have a severe doodle problem.
12. I was born in Buffalo, New York, but I only lived there for11 months. Since it was only 11 months and I don't remember any of it, I consider myself a native Nashvillian.
13. I hate it when necklaces get turned around to the point that you can see the clasp at the front. Chances are, I'll fix it for you.
14. I love baseball and want to travel to as many stadiums as I can. I've been to a few, but they are some good ones.
15. I LOVE to travel. I wish I didn't have to work and money wasn't an issue so I could travel anywhere at any time. I like exploring new places. My mom does too and has given me some of the funniest and best memories on our famliy vacations.
16. I've realized in the last several years (months specficially) how important it is to surround yourself with people you can truly be you with and not feel like you have to pretend you've got it all figured out.
17. My neice and nephew are two of the most wonderful things in my life. I love that they go to school where I teach and that I get to see them off and on during the day. Along with that, I am ridiculously blessed to have the family I have. My parents and sister and sister's family are my most treasured gifts. Even though my sister is 13 years older than me, she's one of my best friends and I love that we get to be "adults" together.
18. My mom has tried really hard to help me learn to cook. I'm usually alright at it when I try, but there are days that I would just rather go out to eat.
19. Flip-flops, jeans and a long sleeve shirt is my idea of a perfect comfy outfit.
20. I blog-stalk people I don't even know.
21. Reality TV is unfortunately a really big draw in my world. I've decided that Guy Fieri (spelling?), Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay and myself would be really good friends. They just don't know it yet. (Before Guy and I are friends though, I guess I should learn how to spell his name.)
22. I really didn't mind high school all that much. All in all, I had some pretty incredible times and friends. While I don't particularly want to go back, I don't think I would hate it as much as other people say they would.
23. I once had a newt named Nicky. And I had two cats from the time I was in first grade until I was a Senior in college...and then one passed away...but the other stayed around until April of last year. Now I just have my roommates cats.
24. Other than ONE day that I was sick, I've made my bed every day I have lived in my apartment. This may not seem worthy of being one of the 25, but you have no idea how much it really is.
25. I love making lists. And being organzied. And making sure that everything has a nice little place. Its because of this, that I REALLY REALLY want to go to Ikea and to the Container store.

.:BONUS MATERIAL:.

1. I LOVE Christmas. It is by far my most favorite time of the year. I love everything about it. The sights, the smells, the activities, what Christmas is really about. All of it. I. love. it.
2. I love playing games. Card games, board games, DVD games. All of it.
3. I love going to playgrounds and playing on them. And I love theme parks. They're just like big playgrounds really.
4. I think everything in life seems more doable with a cup of coffee in it. And when you're "solving the world's problems" more gets accomplished over coffee. I'm convinced.
5. I've just recently discovered how much I love having a candle burning in the background of life.

I'm so sure there's like 10000 other things I could share, but I guess that's why we're friends...you already know most of it. :)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I knew 19 out of the first 25. Go me.